Re: 2.6.24-rc3, 4GB RAM, swiotlb, r8169, out of space

From: Alan Cox
Date: Sat Nov 24 2007 - 19:42:29 EST

> when these messages appear, removing r8169 would appear to be key. Indeed, if
> there is no significant libata activity, the problem still occurs on the NIC
> within approximately the same amount of transfer.

You seem to have a leak, which actually isn't suprising

rtl8169_xmit_frags allocates a set of maps for a fragmented packet

rtl8169_start_xmit allocates a buffer

When we finish the transit we free the main buffer (always using skb->len
when sometimes its skb->headlne. We don't seem to free the fragment
buffers at all.

Looks like the unmap path for fragmented packets is broken with any kind
of iommu

Alan