Re: kernel bugzilla is FPOS (was: Re: "buggy cmd640" message followed by soft lockup)

From: Dr. David Alan Gilbert
Date: Sun Nov 25 2007 - 15:08:26 EST

* Rafael J. Wysocki (rjw@xxxxxxx) wrote:

<snip>
(many levels of quote)

> > > I agree that we probably should do something like this.
> >
> > Not automatically.
>
> OK, say "as a rule".

The only thing I would say is that a reporter can be in a situation
after a while where they no longer have access to the original
machine; if the bug was originally believed to be real and triaged
then it seems to make sense to differentiate that from a bug that is
just closed, just so people can know there is an issue with
a configuration.

Dave

/ Dr. David Alan Gilbert | Running GNU/Linux on Alpha,68K| Happy \
\ gro.gilbert @ treblig.org | MIPS,x86,ARM,SPARC,PPC & HPPA | In Hex /