Re: PCMCIA serial_cs driver binding problems.

From: greg
Date: Mon Nov 26 2007 - 11:26:21 EST

On Nov 23, 9:40am, "Kay Sievers" wrote:
} Subject: Re: PCMCIA serial_cs driver binding problems.

Hi Kay, thanks for the note.

> > I've tried to manually echo the device number (0.0 or 1.0) into the
> > /sys/bus/pcmcia/drivers/serial_cs/bind pseudo-file but nothing
> > happens. The device number is present as a binding if cardmgr frobs
> > things with the pcmcia_ioctl bind commands.

> Did you enable this?
>
> echo -n 1 > /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1e.0/0000:15:00.0/0.0/allow_func_id_match
>
> You can watch "udevmonitor --kernel" while doing this, to get the path and
> see what events the kernel creates.
>
> Distros usually set it automatically by udev: ACTION=="add",
> SUBSYSTEM=="pcmcia", ENV{MODALIAS}=="?*", ATTR{allow_func_id_match}="1"

That fixed the problem instantly, thanks for the tip.

I must have spent a couple of hours Google'ing for hints on this. Is
there any documentation floating around or a site which documents
functionality for these writable pseudo-files in /sys?

Deducing available or needed functionality would seem to be somewhat
of a black art... :-)

> Kay

Thanks again for the pointer, best wishes for a productive week.

}-- End of excerpt from "Kay Sievers"

As always,
Dr. G.W. Wettstein, Ph.D. Enjellic Systems Development, LLC.
4206 N. 19th Ave. Specializing in information infra-structure
Fargo, ND 58102 development.
PH: 701-281-1686
FAX: 701-281-3949 EMAIL: greg@xxxxxxxxxxxx