Re: git guidance

From: Dave Quigley
Date: Wed Nov 28 2007 - 10:17:51 EST

There is a project listed on the kernel.org git page called guilt. I
find it very useful. It is much more responsive than stgit and it
actually has a git backend which quilt does not.

git-clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jsipek/guilt.git

There is a tutorial associated with guilt which explains the commands
pretty well. The only thing that I find a problem with guilt is
sometimes I forget to pop/push the patches to the right place before
editing them. Actually that is less of a problem with guilt and more of
a problem with me :) Two of the main features that I find very useful
since I track the head of Linus's tree are guilt-rebase and then
guilt-patchbomb for sending patches.