Re: git guidance

From: Jakub Narebski
Date: Wed Nov 28 2007 - 13:45:28 EST

Al Boldi wrote:
> Johannes Schindelin wrote:

>> By that definition, no SCM, not even CVS, is transparent. Nothing short
>> of unpacked directories of all versions (wasting a lot of disk space)
>> would.
>
> Who said anything about unpacking?
>
> I'm talking about GIT transparently serving a Virtual Version Control dir to
> be mounted on the client.

Are you talking about something like (in alpha IIRC) gitfs?

http://www.sfgoth.com/~mitch/linux/gitfs/

Besides, you can always use "git show <revision>:<file>". For example
gitweb (and I think other web interfaces) can show any version of a file
or a directory, accessing only repository.

--
Jakub Narebski
Warsaw, Poland