Re: Possibly SATA related freeze killed networking and RAID

From: Alan Cox
Date: Fri Nov 30 2007 - 08:18:03 EST

> Why does a single spurious interrupt cause it to be shut down? I can

It doesn't.

> see if the interrupt is stuck on and keeps interrupting constantly, but
> if it's just the occasional spurious interrupt, why not just ignore it
> and move on?

The interrupt is usually level triggered so it continues to create
interrupts until you silence it. The thresholds are about 10,000
interrupt events and on newer kernels we also reset the count if we don't
see any for a while. That works for most stuff except the thinkpad
bluetooth problem.