Re: RFC - organize include/linux/kernel.h, addinclude/linux/logging.h

From: Joe Perches
Date: Fri Nov 30 2007 - 14:23:23 EST

On Fri, 2007-11-30 at 19:09 +0100, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
> While you are at that, PFX should probably be KBUILD_MODNAME,
> for simplicity. Then it will be easy to consolidate since
> they all use KBUILD_MODNAME rather than their own PFX.
> Just btw :)

I think that nearly all private logging functions
could be eliminated by having a new macro defined
especially for logging.

Something akin to:

#define PRINTK_MODNAME 1
#define PRINTK_FILE 2
#define PRINTK_FUNCTION 4
#define PRINTK_LINE 8

#define PRINTK_PREFIX (your choice)
#include <linux/logging.h>

then all uses of pr_<level> could get modified for free.