Re: [BUG] Strange 1-second pauses during Resume-from-RAM

From: Mark Lord
Date: Fri Nov 30 2007 - 15:12:29 EST

Mark Lord wrote:
Ingo Molnar wrote:
* Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxx> wrote:

pick up the latest latency tracer patch from:

sorry, wrong URLs, the correct links are:

http://redhat.com/~mingo/latency-tracing-patches/latency-tracer-v2.6.24-rc2-git5-combo.patch

http://redhat.com/~mingo/latency-tracing-patches/trace-cmd.c
..

Is there a version of these that works with 2.6.23.1 ?

I'm not using 2.6.24-* on this machine because:
(a) behaviour may be different, and
(b) something broke VMware compatibility again.
..

An update:

Ingo's 2.6.23 version of the latency-tracing-patches only lock-up on resume here.

But now that I've hacked vmware to work on 2.6.24,
my notebook is now running the newer kernels.

So now to see if the "strange 1-second pauses" ever happen here,
and if they do I'll patch in Ingo's stuff to try and find out why.