SoftMAC: Getting essid from req_essid

From: Ray Lee
Date: Fri Nov 30 2007 - 18:06:51 EST

Hey there Larry, all,

git blame fingered commit id efe870f9 (from Larry) for adding a couple
of fairly harmless looking messages to
net/ieee80211/softmac/ieee80211softmac_wx.c . The problem is that one
of them is clogging up my syslog at the tune of once a second or so
("SoftMAC: Getting essid from req_essid"), and rolling everything else
out of my dmesg.

I just rebooted into 2.6.23-rc3+some, and after 36 minutes of uptime I
already have:

$ dmesg | cut -d ']' -f2- | sort | uniq -c | sort -nr | head -3

1047 SoftMAC: Getting essid from req_essid
38 SoftMAC: Getting essid from associate_essid
22 SoftMAC: Scanning finished: scanned 13 channels starting with channel 1

Is the message important for debugging, or can I make a patch to yank
the silly thing?

Ray