Re: Kernel Development & Objective-C

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Fri Nov 30 2007 - 18:16:10 EST

David Newall wrote:
Jan Engelhardt wrote:
On Nov 30 2007 11:20, Xavier Bestel wrote:
On Fri, 2007-11-30 at 19:09 +0900, KOSAKI Motohiro wrote:
Has Objective-C ever been considered for kernel development?
Why not C# instead ?
Why not Haskell nor Erlang instead ? :-D
I heard of a bash compiler. That would enable development time
rationalization and maximize the collaborative convergence of a
community-oriented synergy.

Fortran90 it has to be.

It used to be written in BCPL; or was that Multics?

BCPL was typeless, as was the successor B (between Bell Labs and GE we write thousands of lines of B, ported to 8080, GE600, etc). C introduced types, and the rest is history. Multics is written in PL/1, and I wrote a lot of PL/1 subset G back when as well. You don't know slow compile until you get a seven pass compiler with each pass on floppy.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>