Patch works! (was Re: BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference - nfs v3)

From: Erich Boleyn
Date: Sun Dec 02 2007 - 15:53:46 EST

worked, so I thought I'd report that it does work for my case which
was very similar. See Below for details.

NOTE: I am not subscribed, so make sure I'm copied on any replies.

David CHANIAL wrote:

> Le Tuesday 04 September 2007 01:55:57 Satyam Sharma, vous avez :
>
> > Did you test with that patch applied? Did you manage to hit the
> > BUG again (with or without it)?
>
> I not have tested this patch.
>
> I will test it as soon as possible (in few days).
>
> Best regards,
> --
> David

I have had a similar OOPS problem on an x86-64 SMP server box of mine
with a MacOS X (10.4.x) client since switching to 2.6.22.x (several
versions). I found your messages on LKML and have applied the patch.

My symptom was the oops after approximately 1/2 to 1 day of continous
activity (iTunes playing long playlist), very reproducible.

After applying the patch in an earlier message in the thread (LKML
message archive URL "http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/7/20/38";), I have had
my test running for 3 days straight now with no signs of problems.

Thanks for the great work!

--
Erich Stefan Boleyn <erich@xxxxxxxx> http://www.uruk.org/
"Reality is truly stranger than fiction; Probably why fiction is so popular"