Re: [feature] automatically detect hung TASK_UNINTERRUPTIBLE tasks

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Mon Dec 03 2007 - 08:14:56 EST

> negative

I would consider it positive, but ok. If I was negative I would
probably not care and just make always sure to disable SOFTLOCKUP
in the kernels I use.

> feedback about an impending catastrophy has been duly noted

The point was less about an impending catastrophe, but more of a timebomb
ticking until the next widely used release.

> Can we now please move on to a
> more productive stage?

Sure no more theory.

To what value do you want to set the backtrace sysctl by default?

-Andi