Re: hibernation issue with kernel 2.6.23-gentoo-r3 at T41

From: Toralf Förster
Date: Mon Dec 03 2007 - 09:12:40 EST

Daniel Drake schrieb:
And the outcome was what exactly? It didn't suspend, and hard-hung? Or didn't suspend, came back to a usable system? ...
Ah, sorry - the system came back and I could continue my work.
However I couldn't hibernate my system (I tried it 2 additional times) as long as
my user mode linux image was running (2.6.23 UML kernel). Within UML I ran cupsd to which firefox
was trying to make a connection. Firefox itself was waiting for a response of the cupsd server,
the cupsd itself was generating the ssl -files under /etc/cupsd/ssl as far as I could read from the cupsd log.
Did you press alt+sysrq+T or did all this come about as a result of the suspend?
I pressed <Fn>+<F12> to hibernate the system, and b/c the scrren was black and came back some secs later I had have a look into
/var/log/message and copied the outout into my first mail.