Re: scsi_wait_scan Kconfig option

From: Clemens Koller
Date: Sat Dec 08 2007 - 08:12:14 EST

Nick Warne schrieb:
I am bringing this up again - primarily as I forgot about it after
patching my build tree ages ago:

http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/10/27/68

Please see the patch I sent some days ago, which does the very
same thing: http://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=119677244318528&w=2

I would extend the help text a bit more to make clear what it
really does, since there is not much documentation around.

I try not to build a modular kernel, but only have modules ON due to
nVidia (sigh). So I was semi-surprised when I saw the scsi_wait_scan
module being built again, yet NO WHERE in menuconfig is it present to
turn OFF. Even if I hand edit .config, make puts it back again...

True...

Regards,
--
Clemens Koller