Re: 2.6.24-rc4-git5: Reported regressions from 2.6.23

From: Theodore Tso
Date: Sat Dec 08 2007 - 21:15:58 EST

On Sat, Dec 08, 2007 at 11:30:53PM +0100, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> On Saturday, 8 of December 2007, Theodore Tso wrote:
> > However, as far as I am concerned, Ingo's patch, first posted to LKML
> > here: http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/11/16/66 should be listed as fixing
> > the above regression. Rafael, could you please make a note of this in
> > your regression list,
>
> Done, thanks.

Great, thanks. I should add that technically this wasn't a regression
since I had been seeing this since before 2.6.23. Also, it isn't a
big deal, since aside from noise in the syslog, falling back to
polling more doesn't make any functional or user-visible difference
(although I guess it's less efficient).

Regardless of whether it is a regression, it would be nice to get the
patch applied and and this issue fixed for 2.6.25!

- Ted