Re: [2.6.23.9] hostap_plx locks up PC when reading PCI I/O memory

From: Arjan van de Ven
Date: Sun Dec 09 2007 - 17:33:35 EST

On Sun, 9 Dec 2007 22:06:21 +0000 (GMT)
Chris Rankin <rankincj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> --- Arjan van de Ven <arjan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > can you check if the attr_mem is properly ioremap'd ?
> > (probably with ioremap_nocache)
>
> Can you elaborate, please? I am not familiar with these I/O
> primitives.

the memory you feed to readl() and co isnt the actual PCI resource;
you need to use ioremap() on the PCI resource to get a pointer that you can then feed to readl()....

> > I wonder if there's anything else in that area as well..
>
> So I should check /proc/iomem? But wouldn't Linux complain if two PCI
> devices conflicted as you're suggesting?

the other one might not be PCI..

--
If you want to reach me at my work email, use arjan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
visit http://www.lesswatts.org