RE: broken dpt_i2o in 2.6.23 (was: ext2_check_page: bad entry indirectory) (fwd)

From: Salyzyn, Mark
Date: Tue Dec 11 2007 - 11:07:27 EST

Miquel van Smoorenburg sez:
> I got the 64-bit dpt_i2o driver from Adaptec some time ago, and I have
> added 64-bit support to the 2.6.23.1 dpt_i2o driver based on that
> driver. I intended to submit it for 2.6.25 or so ... if I
> have some time
> later today or tomorrow I'll try that next to see if that makes a
> difference.

Thanks, Mike, I will be watching your progress and offer my support! I
submitted a patch to move to 64 bit (which also drops the virt_to_bus
code) several years ago and it was rejected because of the focus on the
time to make i2o_block the driver of choice for this line of
controllers. I then reacted to the rejection by working with Markus
Lidel to move the 64 bit capabilities into the i2o driver.

Sincerely -- Mark Salyzyn