Re: Iomega ZIP-100 drive unsupported with jmicron JMB361 chip?

From: Mark Lord
Date: Tue Dec 11 2007 - 14:30:52 EST

trash can wrote:

Thanks for the note. Zip drive as only device on the bus did not work
for me. kernel is correctly identifying the Jmicron chip.
..

So have you tried 2.6.24-rc* on that system yet, using only libata ?

Mark Lord wrote:
Mark Lord wrote:
I missed the early part of this thread,
but here is a data point that may or may not be useful.

I have an ASUS mobo here with an onboard JM363 SATA/PATA controller
(verified by looking at the actual chip).

It works fine when in AHCI mode with a PATA ATAPI ZIP100 drive
all by itself. No other configurations tested.
This is with kernel 2.6.24-rc4-git?.
..

Oh yeah.. that's with libata controlling all drives in the system.
..