Re: [v4l-dvb-maintainer] [2.6 patch] drivers/media/Makefile:always enter video/

From: Mauro Carvalho Chehab
Date: Thu Dec 13 2007 - 04:56:27 EST

Em Qua, 2007-12-12 Ãs 13:13 -0800, Trent Piepho escreveu:
> On Wed, 12 Dec 2007, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> > >
> > > I don't see any issue on making both dependent on VIDEO_TUNER for
> > > 2.6.24, since they are currently used only by tuner core module
> > > (tuner.ko).
> >
> > If "selected code isn't included" also counts as a bug at least dabusb
> > is also affected by the same bug.
>
> > What about the patch below instead that fixes the actual bug instead of
> > working around it?
>
> Pretty much exactly the same as the patch I posted on Oct 19th. Some
> people like to make things harder than they need to be.
>
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.video4linux/35274

I'm applying Adrian's patch. All code under radio/ depends on VIDEO_DEV.

I don't like this approach, since it doesn't seem to be a good idea
force all kernel compilations to look under all the +200 drivers
under /media. Yet, better to slow down the compilation than to broke it.

To me, the proper solution is to move the code that can be used by
either DVB or V4L to a common place, and making the common place
dependent of VIDEO_DEV | DVB_CORE. Seems to late at -rc cycle for doing
this.

--
Cheers,
Mauro