Re: [RFC] net: napi fix

From: Jarek Poplawski
Date: Thu Dec 13 2007 - 17:25:35 EST

David Miller wrote, On 12/13/2007 09:37 PM:

> For example, if we export the list handling widget into the ->poll()
> routines, god help the person who wants to change how the poll list is
> managed in net_rx_action() :-/

...I'm afraid I can't understand: I mean doing the same but without
passing this info with 'work == weight': if driver sends this info,
why it can't instead call something like napi_continue() with
this list_move_tail() (and probably additional local_irq_disable()/
enble() - but since it's unlikely()?) which looks much more readable,
and saves one whole unlikely if ()?

Jarek P.