Re: programs vanish with 2.6.22+

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Sun Dec 16 2007 - 18:00:20 EST

Markus wrote:
Well, now some windows vanished, but no additional messages were produced by kernel. When somebody could tell what I exactly need to do... would be nice.
Or a hit, in what direction I should look. Because its really nasty to not being able to use a current kernel.

I already rebuild the whole system, as suggested by the gentoo-devs, without success.

I could also try to debug/strace/whatever the apps and wait for it to disappear.

Just talk to me, I am not able to do this on my own...

Try running under GNOME if you can, this sounds as if it may be an X problem.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>