Re: [patch 1/2] [RFC] Simple tamper-proof device filesystem.

From: Tetsuo Handa
Date: Mon Dec 17 2007 - 19:16:17 EST

Hello.

Serge E. Hallyn wrote:
> CAP_MKNOD will be removed from its capability
I think it is not enough because the root can rename/unlink device files
(mv /dev/sda1 /dev/tmp; mv /dev/sda2 /dev/sda1; mv /dev/tmp /dev/sda2).

> To use your approach, i guess we would have to use selinux (or tomoyo)
> to enforce that devices may only be created under /dev?
Everyone can use this filesystem alone.
But use with MAC (or whatever access control mechanisms that prevent
attackers from unmounting/overlaying this filesystem) is recomennded.