Re: Kernel bug: bluetooth meets TTY layer

From: Arjan van de Ven
Date: Thu Dec 20 2007 - 15:35:04 EST

David Newall wrote:
Hi Arjan,

I've not been able to find this file, "drivers/bluetooth/hci_tty.c", but anyway, This seems to be what happens: Hci_uart_close() flushes using hci_uart_flush(). Subsequently, in hci_dev_do_close(), (one step in hci_unregister_dev()), hci_uart_flush() is called again. The comment in uart_flush_buffer(), relating to the WARN_ON(), indicates you can't flush after the port is closed; which sounds reasonable. I think hci_uart_close() should set hdev->flush to NULL before returning. Hci_dev_do_close() does check for this. The code path is rather involved and I'm not entirely clear of all steps, but I think that's what should be done.

Patch for stupidly obsolete kernel attached.

looks reasonable; unfortunately I don't know the tty code well enough to judge this patch...
Alan?