Re: Linux 2.6 KBUILD Help Required.

From: Sam Ravnborg
Date: Thu Jan 03 2008 - 03:20:00 EST

On Thu, Jan 03, 2008 at 01:45:32PM +0530, murtuja bharmal wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a one question.
> If I have to add additional external flag on my external kernel module source during compilation with KBUILD.
> lest say I have one kernel module file hello.c
> and I want to add one flag -D testdebug.
>
> suppose this is my makefile.
>
> obj-m += hello.o
> all:
> make -C /lib/modules/$(shell uname -r)/build M=$(PWD) modules
> clean:
> make -C /lib/modules/$(shell uname -r)/build M=$(PWD) clean
>
> where I can add this flag.

>From Documentation/kbuild/makefile.txt:
--- 3.7 Compilation flags

ccflags-y, asflags-y and ldflags-y
The three flags listed above applies only to the kbuild makefile
where they are assigned. They are used for all the normal
cc, as and ld invocation happenign during a recursive build.
Note: Flags with the same behaviour were previously named:
EXTRA_CFLAGS, EXTRA_AFLAGS and EXTRA_LDFLAGS.
They are yet supported but their use are deprecated.

ccflags-y specifies options for compiling C files with $(CC).

Example:
# drivers/sound/emu10k1/Makefile
ccflags-y += -I$(obj)
ccflags-$(DEBUG) += -DEMU10K1_DEBUG