Re: Kbuild update

From: Sam Ravnborg
Date: Fri Jan 04 2008 - 14:43:35 EST

On Thu, Jan 03, 2008 at 11:33:44PM +0100, Jan Engelhardt wrote:

> On Jan 3 2008 22:32, Sam Ravnborg wrote:
> >
> >On top of this I have my personal todo items such as:
> >- modern ncurses interface for menuconfig (ala tig, htop and others)
>
> Sorry.. your comparison {menuconfig, htop} raises an "incompatible
> pointer passed" on my side. Please explain :)

htop is a nice ncurses based interface to top.

Try "F2" and see a nice layout for a menu structure remotely
similar to menuconfig.
I could mention a few more - this was more to say that there
exist much beter looking ncurses based tools than menuconfig.

> >TODO items (from my mailbox - I have plenty more)
> >=================================================
> >- allow kconfig to accept overrides (Jan Engelhart)
> > maybe there is a patch, needs followup
>
> Indeed there is/was a patch. Well, the one I sent last time.
> http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/10/18/206
>
> I have updated it to Linus's current treetop.
> git://computergmbh.de/linux 'kconfig' branch;

Applied after fixing one checkpatch error.
I did not care about the lines longer than 80 in this case.
I also restored the original Cc: list.

Sam