Re: BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address

From: Alexander Shaduri
Date: Sat Jan 05 2008 - 09:47:20 EST

On Sat, 5 Jan 2008 15:34:25 +0100
Mikael Pettersson <mikpe@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This kernel is tainted by the nvidia module...

I know that, but as I wrote in the original message, the hangs occur
without it too.
I just tested it today. Had to leave it running
(in vesa framebuffer mode), without any nvidia modules.
Crash occurred after 4 hours of tv capturing, and didn't leave
any traces in dmesg logs (logged every second).
Unfortunately, I couldn't save any messages.

All I'm saying is that the problem is reproduceable without
nvidia module and without any X server running.

Thanks,
Alexander