Re: strace, accept(), ERESTARTSYS and EINTR

From: Phil Endecott
Date: Sat Jan 05 2008 - 13:42:37 EST

Andi Kleen wrote:
"Phil Endecott" <phil_wueww_endecott@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Many thanks for any suggestions.

It's a long standing bug reported regularly

Thanks for the re-assurance.

but so far nobody has tracked it down. That's mostly because most people cannot really reproduce it.

I'm pretty sure that it's triggered by some earlier problem, most likely reaching a threads-per-process limit (or an associated total VM per process limit due to large default thread stack sizes). There's a good chance that I will find and fix that problem, and this one will then go away unsolved...

If you can reproduce it reliably
[snip]
definitely don't do it on a production machine

Unfortunately, it happens on the production machine but I've not been able to reproduce it otherwise. I'll keep trying. FWIW my assumption is that the ERESTARTSYS comes from the sock_intr_errno() call from inet_csk_wait_for_connect().

Thanks, Phil.