Re: [patch 1/5] Introduce __WARN()

From: Arjan van de Ven
Date: Sun Jan 06 2008 - 12:11:18 EST

On Sun, 06 Jan 2008 17:09:44 +0100
Richard Knutsson <ricknu-0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> (btw, wouldn't 'var != 0' actually be the proper semantic instead
> >> of playing with '!'s?)
> >>

> > no because var could be a pointer for example...
> >
> You mean because in that case it would be '!= NULL', do you? Sorry,
> do not see your point here.

my point is that you don't know which one to use..
But this isn't new discussion (nor something I'm changing at all); this has come
up since way back in 2005 :)
If you feel strongly of changing this, feel free to post a patch; for now I much
rather leave things as they are right now.

--
If you want to reach me at my work email, use arjan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
visit http://www.lesswatts.org