Re: SATA kernel-buffered read VERY slow (not raid, Promise TX300card); 2.6.23.1(vanilla)

From: Linda Walsh
Date: Sun Jan 06 2008 - 15:25:29 EST

Robert Hancock wrote:

If this is a Seagate, I believe that they don't have AAM enabled on any of their newer drives (something about a lawsuit for patent infringement on that feature, or something). Quite likely they don't support that power management command, either.
--
Do you have a source for this -- haven't heard of such a conflict -- besides, doesn't
ATA-7 require some of those functions? Given the trend toward power-saving and