Re: kexec refuses to boot latest -mm

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Mon Jan 07 2008 - 13:04:23 EST

Dhaval Giani wrote:

Could you give more details of your setup? I'm trying to figure out exactly what it is in kexec that goes goofy, but there seems to be an enormous number of codepaths, all different, depending on things like which kind of kernel. The more closely I can replicate your failure, the quicker I should be able to locate the problem.

(Anything else you need, please let me know!)

- Is your pre- and post-kexec kernels the same kernel?
- What format are you using for the post-kexec kernel?
- Exact kexec command line?
- Exact boot configuration for the pre-kexec kernel?

If you can send me the images that would be extra helpful.

Thanks!

-hpa