Re: Top 10 kernel oopses for the week ending January 5th, 2008

From: Arjan van de Ven
Date: Tue Jan 08 2008 - 12:44:52 EST

Randy Dunlap wrote:

(You can do it other and smarter ways too, I'm not claiming that's a particularly good way to do it, and the old "ksymoops" program used to do a pretty good job of this, but I'm used to that particular idiotic way myself, since it's how I've basically always done it)

One other way to do it (at least for x86-32/64) is to use
$kerneltree/scripts/decodecode. It may work on other $arches also,
but I haven't tested it on others.

I've made life easier for those using the www.kerneloops.org website;
at least for x86 oopses the website now does this for you and shows
the decoded Code: line in the raw oops data:

http://www.kerneloops.org/raw.php?rawid=2716