Strange freeze on 2.6.21

From: Konstantin Kalin
Date: Wed Jan 09 2008 - 08:55:58 EST

Hello,

I'd like to ask your help with strange behavior of kernel 2.6.21-7. Sometimes it becomes to inoperable state and the system time stops. Also I couldn't ping the system that moment. But if I try to use keyboard the system will wake up and begin working. In other words all programs are continuing work normally - there are only one thing - the system time is slow on delay between moments when the system had stopped and I used the keyboard. It happens on several computers but they have similar hardware (AMD64 X2, ASUS M2NPV-VM).

I need an advice how I may collect information about the moment when the system stops. /var/log/messages doesn't contain any useful information near the time of stopping. There are nothing strange.

Thank you,
Kostya.