Re: USB HID: Missing keys on Gyration Media Center Universal RemoteControl

From: Jiri Kosina
Date: Wed Jan 09 2008 - 09:12:38 EST

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007, Adolfo R. Brandes wrote:

> It is a 2.4 Ghz RF remote, and its receiver connects via USB to the
> computer, registering two devices, a keyboard and a mouse. From
> /proc/bus/input/devices:
> I: Bus=0003 Vendor=0c16 Product=0002 Version=0110
> N: Name="Gyration Gyration RF Technology Receiver"
> 1) The power button, which is actually a Sleep or Suspend button, when
> pressed repeats endlessly. One must disconnect the receiver for it to
> stop. I suspect this is because the key press event registers
> correctly, but not the key release.
> 2) Four of the buttons ("TV", "SETUP MENU", "LAST", and "INPUT") are
> not recognized and do not register any events.
> I generated a log using a 2.6.24-rc6 kernel with
> CONFIG_HID_DEBUG=yes and evbug loaded, and saw that:
> * "SETUP MENU", "LAST", and "INPUT" keys do absolutely nothing.
> * "TV" registers something, but apparently not enough for an event.
> * "Power" correctly registers a Sleep event, but repeats endlessly.

Hi Adolfo,

thanks a lot for the detailed and accurate report. Yes, this device would
require a mapping quirk for the non-working keys. The endlessly repeating
key might need something more sophisticated. I will look into your report
and send you a patch to test in a few days. Currently, I am overloaded
with other things, sorry.

Thanks,

--
Jiri Kosina