Re: [patch 00/19] VM pageout scalability improvements

From: Rik van Riel
Date: Thu Jan 10 2008 - 10:42:20 EST

On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 23:39:02 -0500
"Mike Snitzer" <snitzer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> How much trouble am I asking for if I were to try to get your patchset
> to fly on a fairly recent "stable" kernel (e.g. 2.6.22.15)? If
> workable, is such an effort before it's time relative to your TODO?

Quite a bit :)

The -mm kernel has the memory controller code, which means the
mm/ directory is fairly different. My patch set sits on top
of that.

Chances are that once the -mm kernel goes upstream (in 2.6.25-rc1),
I can start building on top of that.

OTOH, maybe I could get my patch series onto a recent 2.6.23.X with
minimal chainsaw effort.

> I see that you have an old port to a FC7-based 2.6.21 here:
> http://people.redhat.com/riel/vmsplit/
>
> Also, do you have a public git repo that you regularly publish to for
> this patchset? If not a git repo do you put the raw patchset on some
> http/ftp server?

Up to now I have only emailed out the patches. Since there is demand
for them to be downloadable from somewhere, I'll also start putting
them on http://people.redhat.com/riel/

--
All rights reversed.