Re: [patch] split MMC_CAP_4_BIT_DATA

From: Robin Getz
Date: Sat Jan 12 2008 - 08:01:41 EST

On Fri 11 Jan 2008 12:52, Robin Getz pondered:
> On Fri 11 Jan 2008 04:35, Pierre Ossman pondered:
> > On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 04:08:53 -0500

> > this being the actual problem.
> > >
> > > the guys who design the silicon are telling us it doesnt work. our
> > > tests show it not working. i'm not sure what else you want here.
> > >

> > More information. You have not provided any speculation as to why it
> > doesn't work, or what you've done to figure it out.
>
> I have been trying to get the detailed information from the hardware
> (silicon designer) guy about why he believes support for 4-bit MMC is
> not there, but I have not heard back yet.
>
> As soon as I hear from them - and either understand why 4-bit MMC doesn't
> work, or if the Blackfin docs are incorrect (either is OK outcome) - I will
> let you know.

According to the HW folks - it is exactly as Pierre indicated - in theory it
should work, 4-bit MMC requires usage of different set of commands as
compared to 4-bit SD, so it should be just software - although no one has
tested it yet.

So I guess this is back on Bryan/Cliff to make work....

Thanks for pushing back.

-Robin