Re: PCI Failed to allocate mem for PCI ROM

From: Ivan Kokshaysky
Date: Sat Jan 12 2008 - 10:12:01 EST

#10 is for cardbus bridges, IIRC.

> 0x100000 is 1MB and would be the minimum MMIO range that can be allocated.
> So that looks right too. Probably need to find out what is allocating
> 0xe0000000 instead.

I believe that the setup-bus code just tried to allocate 1M ROM of some
device using prefetchable window of the bridge 0000:00:00.0. That failed,
probably because there is no MEM space left on the root bus, which is
perfectly OK. Then, the ROM might be successfully allocated in the
non-prefetchable MMIO space.

So, I don't see any problem in this situation. The only thing I could
suggest is to lower the log level in that message from KERN_ERR to
KERN_WARNING...

Ivan.