Re: Linux 2.6.24-rc7

From: Tejun Heo
Date: Sun Jan 13 2008 - 18:57:54 EST

J.A. MagallÃn wrote:
> I'm still pending to pysically remove the disks (or at least unplug the
> cable...), but I have realized a cusious thing: after some errors, the
> kernel is lowering the disk speed (UDMA/133, then 100, then 33):

That's the standard error handling behavior. Timeouts are likely to
indicate transmission problems so libata puts it into slower gear.

> Perhaps this gives a clue.
> Or I just had bad luck and 2 of my 4 disks broke at the same time.

As I said, the first thing I would try is to connect the drives to a
separate PSU and re-seating cables as you're seeing problems on two
drives simultaneously.

--
tejun