Re: sparc oops in ip_fast_csum

From: Patrick McHardy
Date: Mon Jan 14 2008 - 01:15:02 EST

Herbert Xu wrote:
Patrick, please have a look at the former. In fact it's not just
that ihl may be bogus (which might be harmless as long as the REJECT
hook only gets called from within the IP stack), I think REJECT would
also do the wrong thing if the packet had IP options. So perhaps we
should just make it create a packet from scratch rather than being
too clever in reusing the old one.

We currently silently drop packets with IP options in the reject
target. The length check should be fine since its only called
through the IP stack or bridge netfilter, which replicates the
IP stack checks.

But I agree to your suggestion, that will allow us to properly
handle packets with IP options. I'll take care of this.