Re: The ext3 way of journalling

From: me
Date: Mon Jan 14 2008 - 11:11:16 EST

On 1/14/08, Tuomo Valkonen <tuomov@xxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2008-01-13 18:11 -0500, Theodore Tso wrote:
> > It's much more likely that this early in your boot cycle, your clock is
> > sometimes incorrect.
>
> I doubt it. I get this nearly _always_ when the system crashes, which
> accounts for the vast majority of the times I boot it. (I wish swsusp
> didn't suck so much..)

It sounds like you have CONFIG_PM_TRACE turned on. From the Kconfig help:

This enables some cheesy code to save the last PM event point in the
RTC across reboots, so that you can debug a machine that just hangs
during suspend (or more commonly, during resume).

[...]

CAUTION: this option will cause your machine's real-time clock to be
set to an invalid time after a resume.

-Bob