State of kgdb on x86-64

From: Jan Kiszka
Date: Mon Jan 14 2008 - 14:09:45 EST

Hi Jason,

what is the state of the kgbd git repos? What should work, what might be
broken?

I'm asking as today I tried to get kgdb up and running on a 4-way x86-64
Xeon box with both 2.6.24-rc6 and -rc7. Once kgdb is enabled in .config,
the boot stops early with this panic:

May I have more success with 2.6.23? Was x86-64 tested and found working
once? I can dig deeper into the above issue, but before starting
blindly, I would like to asses if there could be more issues ahead on
this arch.

Thanks,
Jan