Re: 2.6.24-rc7-rt1

From: Robert Schwebel
Date: Mon Jan 14 2008 - 14:50:18 EST

On Sun, Jan 13, 2008 at 03:48:33PM -0500, Steven Rostedt wrote:
> > Works fine on phyCORE-MPC5200B-tiny, here are the latest results:
> > http://www.pengutronix.de/oselas/realtime/results/20080113-1/
>
> That doesn't look too bad. Or is over a 100us not good for that box?

I think it's ok. However, Wolfgang still sees strange long delays on his
Icecube, so it was mainly for comparism.

> Also is it SMP?

Nope, UP. This one:

http://www.phytec.de/phytec/32-bit_module/phycore-mpc5200b-tiny.html

The CPU is basically a 603e core plus peripherals.

> Yeah, I didn't make any attempt to fix latency_tracing for PPC on this
> release. I expected as much. I do have a couple of PPC boxes that I can
> play with, and I'll see if I can get that working too before -rt2. But I
> want to get a stable x86 release out fast.

Yup, great, thanks!

Robert
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Hildesheim, HRA 2686
Hannoversche Str. 2, 31134 Hildesheim, Germany
Phone: +49-5121-206917-0 | Fax: +49-5121-206917-9