Re: 2.6.24-rc7-rt2

From: S.ÃaÄlar Onur
Date: Wed Jan 16 2008 - 02:13:18 EST

Hi,

16 Oca 2008 Ãar tarihinde, Steven Rostedt ÅunlarÄ yazmÄÅtÄ:
> On Tue, 15 Jan 2008, [utf-8] S.Ã^GaÃ^_lar Onur wrote:
> > 2.6.24-rc7-rt2 (-rt2 patchset on top of Linus's current git commit
> > 031f2dcd7075e218e74dd7f942ad015cf82dffab) starts to complain like
> > following (full dmesg can be found @ [1]) when try to login from console
> > (the other acpi related errors also existed in 2.6.24-rc5-rt1) and FYI,
> > plain 2.6.24-rc7 (again commit 031f2dcd7075e218e74dd7f942ad015cf82dffab)
> > has no issues.
>
> Do you get the same issues if you add to -rc7 and not git.

I'll try after trying -rt3.

> > [...]
> > sysfs: duplicate filename 'vcs1' can not be created
> > WARNING: at fs/sysfs/dir.c:424 sysfs_add_one()
> > Pid: 1298, comm: mingetty Not tainted 2.6.24-rc7-rt2-99 #1
> > [...]
> >
> > And because of mcount-add-basic-support-for-gcc-profiler-instrum.patch,
> > closed source nvidia-new module cannot be used with this release (mcount
> > is exported GPL only), i know this is not supported but i used it with
> > that [2] patch up until now without a single problem.
>
> Ah, sorry about that. I'll try to fix that later on. You should still be
> able to use NVidia by turning off function trace.

Wonderfull news :) [and yes turning off function trace works]

> > Please don't misunderstand this, i really do not want to start a
> > discussion for this, i just want to ask the possibility of converting
> > this into EXPORT_SYMBOL cause i thought some of the possible -rt users
> > may need this closed source module explicitly because of its 3D
> > performance.
> >
> > If anything else needed for sysfs warnings please just say it...
> >
> > [1] http://cekirdek.pardus.org.tr/~caglar/dmesg.rt
> > [2]
> > http://svn.pardus.org.tr/pardus/devel/kernel/drivers/nvidia-new/files/rt.
> >patch
>
> Thanks for the report. I'll see what I can do for the next release. But
> for now this will have to wait till after -rt3.

Thanks...

Cheers
--
S.ÃaÄlar Onur <caglar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://cekirdek.pardus.org.tr/~caglar/

Linux is like living in a teepee. No Windows, no Gates and an Apache in house!