Re: 2.6.24-rc7 lockdep warning when poweroff

From: Johannes Berg
Date: Wed Jan 16 2008 - 10:46:45 EST

> > Turns out that there are many users that give a dynamic string as the
> > workqueue name (only the first three are relevant for the problem at
> > hand because the others are single-threaded):
>
> I'm not sure the single threadedness of a workqueue matters here.

Oh I should have explained this, missed it earlier. No, the
single-threadedness doesn't really matter for the problem, but the
warning Dave got couldn't possibly have triggered for a single-threaded
workqueue because it was from the CPU up/down code that spawns/stops the
new workqueue thread on a new/dying CPU.

johannes