LTP Result on 2.6.24-rc6, some highlights on container result

From: Rishikesh K Rajak
Date: Thu Jan 17 2008 - 04:37:58 EST

Hi All,

Here i ran latest LTP on the second latest kernel(2.6.24-rc6) as per today
on i386 box on SUSE Linux, and below is the formatted diff result.

|-------------+ ---+ -----------------------|
| | Kernel(2.6.24-rc6) | |kernel(2.6.24-rc6)+container| |
| | without container ( | | ( CONFIG_PID_NS=y & | |
| | CONFIG_PID_NS=n & | | CONFIG_USER_NS=y) | |
| | CONFIG_USER_NS=n) | | | |
|-------------+---------------------+---+----------------------------+-----------------------|
|Testcase Name|Parent Namespace | |Parent namespace |Container-init |
| | | | | |
|-------------+---------------------+---+----------------------------+-----------------------|
|Syslog01 |PASS | |FAIL;failed to generate |PASS;success in |
| | | |messages |generating messages |
|-------------+---------------------+---+----------------------------+-----------------------|
|Syslog02 |PASS | |FAIL;failed to log messages |PASS;messages of |
| | | |of all levels. |all levels are logged |
|-------------+---------------------+---+----------------------------+-----------------------|
|Syslog08 |PASS | |FAIL; Facility mail failed |PASS; Facility mail |
| | | | |passed |
|-------------+---------------------+---+----------------------------+-----------------------|
| | | | | |
| | | | | |
|-------------+---------------------+---+----------------------------+-----------------------|
|Fcntl11 |PASS | |PASS |FAIL; locking pid is |
| | | | |wrong, |
| | | | |should be 350 is 21506 |
|-------------+---------------------+---+----------------------------+-----------------------|
|Fcntl14 |PASS | |PASS |FAIL; Test case 45, |
| | | | |GETLK: |
| | | | |pid = 21511, |
| | | | |should be parent's id |
| | | | |of 355 |
|-------------+---------------------+---+----------------------------+-----------------------|
|Fcntl17 |PASS | |PASS |FAIL; llocking pid is |
| | | | |wrong, |
| | | | |should be 506 is 21663 |
|-------------+---------------------+---+----------------------------+-----------------------|
|Fcntl19 |PASS | |PASS |FAIL; locking pid is |
| | | | |wrong, |
| | | | |should be 511 is 21668 |
|-------------+---------------------+---+----------------------------+-----------------------|
|Fcntl20 |PASS | |PASS |FAIL; locking pid is |
| | | | |wrong, |
| | | | |should be 513 is 21670 |
|-------------+---------------------+---+----------------------------+-----------------------|
|Fcntl21 |PASS | |PASS |FAIL; locking pid is |
| | | | |wrong, |
| | | | |should be 515 is 21672 |
|-------------+---------------------+---+----------------------------+-----------------------|

Steps involved:

1> For Running LTP inside container:
- Created container on say 2100 port
- SSH on port 2100
- Ran LTP inside container

2> For Running LTP in parent namespace:
- SSHed
- Ran LTP.

Looking at the above data, there is only concern for me is why syslog
testcases are failing only with running LTP inside parent namespace and
pass inside container-init, when we enable container stuffs as (
CONFIG_PID_NS =y ).

Meanwhile i am also looking for the root cause, just wanted to inform
community so that we will have quick solution for the cause.

I am also attaching config file if anyone interested, (Note: Ideally i
should attach two config for with container and without container, But only
difference is in CONFIG_PID_NS and CONFIG_USER_NS ).

(See attached file: config)

Thanks
Rishi