Re: patch with support for UDF 2.50 (read-only)

From: Jan Kara
Date: Thu Jan 17 2008 - 10:42:14 EST

Hello,

On Wed 16-01-08 16:33:39, Sebastian Manciulea wrote:
> More the a year ago me and my colleague posted a patch
> on the Linux UDF site
> (http://sourceforge.net/projects/linux-udf/) which
> adds support to Linux for reading UDF 2.50 formatted
> media. In time I've updated the patches for the newer
> kernel versions and did some bug-fixing. The patch has
> been tested over time with various types of media
> (BD-ROM, BD-RE, BD-R, DVD, CD) and it looks pretty
> stable.
> I wonder if someone can take a look at the patch and
> let me know if it's ready for inclusion into the
> mainline kernel, or at least direct me to the
> appropriate sub-system maintainer.
Thanks for writing the support. I was already wondering whether someone
would submit the patch for inclusion ;). There's no real UDF maintainer.
I'm probably closest to the one, trying to fix reported bugs when I have
time... Also Marcin Slusarz has done some cleanup work recently (his
patches are in -mm kernel and will go into mainline kernel soon - probably
into 2.6.25 - I'm afraid you'll have to rediff your patch against his
patches).
Anyway, for submitting a patch, you can use guidelines in
Documentation/SubmittingPatches. Especially, your patch has to have some
description and Signed-off-by line. I can then review the patch when you
submit it.
BTW: I've just quickly browsed through the patch and I don't quite get
why have you commented out UDF_SB_SESSION() in udf_read_tagged(). Also even
if it really shouldn't be there, then just delete it...

Honza
--
Jan Kara <jack@xxxxxxx>
SUSE Labs, CR