Re: [BISECTED] Re: psmouse.c: GlidePoint at isa0060/serio1/input0lost sync at byte 1

From: Dmitry Torokhov
Date: Thu Jan 17 2008 - 16:11:53 EST

On Thu, Jan 17, 2008 at 09:26:37PM +0100, Vegard Nossum wrote:
> On Jan 16, 2008 9:49 PM, Dmitry Torokhov <dmitry.torokhov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hmm, it seems to work properly, I think it is now a setup issue to a
> > certain degree. The touchpad now works in native mode (as opposed to
> > Intellimouse emulation) and so I'd recommend installing Synaptics X
> > driver from http://web.telia.com/~u89404340/touchpad/
>
> I have now installed this driver and copied the relevant parts of the
> example X configuration file. However, I do not think that this is the
> correct driver. I can move the mouse around, but only VERY slowly
> (takes 6-7 swipes over the pad just to go from one edge of the screen
> to the other), and only the left/right buttons work. Tapping does NOT
> work. I also installed and ran gsynaptics. I am not sure how or if
> this program will change my X config or not, but changing any settings
> there did not have any effect on the mouse at all. (It also showed
> that tapping was enabled.)

Can I please see you xorg.conf?

> > Just to verify, could you please locate evtest utility and check
> > whether your up and down buttons generate BTN_FORWARD and BTN_BACK
> > events?
>
> Where can I find evtest?

Try grabbing the source from here:

http://linuxconsole.cvs.sourceforge.net/*checkout*/linuxconsole/ruby/utils/evtest.c?revision=1.23

> Still, I wonder if it may be better for me to use the old driver
> (ImPS/2 -- is this the Intellimouse?) since this used to work
> perfectly for me earlier. Maybe I can just remove the GlidePoint
> driver from my kernel to force the older driver?

psmouse.proto=exps if psmouse is built in or add "options psmouse proto=exps"
to your /etc/modprobe.conf if psmouse is a module.

--
Dmitry