Re: SCHED_FIFO & system()

From: Gregory Haskins
Date: Fri Jan 18 2008 - 08:31:22 EST

Gregory Haskins wrote:

(*) I have no information on whether the futex-plist implemetation was pulled from the tree to cause your regression. It is possible that the changes between 22 and 23 are just tickling your environment enough to bring out this RT-preempt issue.

Hmm...seems I should not send out email before my morning coffee ;)

I think I was answering

http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/1/18/43

having read them back to back. Sorry for the confusion.

There's a chance that this is what is causing your issue, Matias, but you should also confirm that what this module is doing doesn't disable preemption. That would also cause the issue.

HTH
-Greg