Re: PROBLEM: Celeron Core

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Fri Jan 18 2008 - 23:51:17 EST

> It will relative to not throttling.

No it will not. Please reread Dominik's mail I linked to. It explains
it clearly.

> You made a claim that is -physically impossible- as stated, a claim I've
> seen here before and I'm correcting it. If something reduces heat, it
> must save power *by the definition of heat and power*. And if you reduce
> power usage, you will make your battery last longer.

I think the misunderstanding on your side is relative to what there
is less heat. Throttling essentially reduces temporary heat spikes on
the silicon, but does not make the system overall take less power
or generate less heat as measured over a longer time because it will
be idle less.

-Andi