Re: new file in kernel.

From: Jan Engelhardt
Date: Sat Jan 19 2008 - 09:30:36 EST

On Jan 19 2008 11:08, Rafael Sisto wrote:

>I had already read that webpage, but I dont need to change the data on
>that file. I just want to create a new file and then close it, so I
>can use it later in another system call, to mmap it to a user space.
>Is it clearer now?
>Can you please give me some code snippet?

I don't get what your indirection is supposed to do.

userspace -> sys_open -> kernel space -> create file
-> sys_close -> kernel space -> close it

vs

userspace -> sys_mycall -> kernelspace -> sys_open -> create_file
-> sys_close -> create_file

As for code snippets:

asmlinkage logn sys_mycall(const char __user *filename,
unsigned int flags, unsigned int mode)
{
long ret;

ret = sys_open(filename, flags, mode);
if (ret < 0)
return ret;

return sys_close(fd);
}

You see, this is currently just too trivial to make sense, but if
it helps you, no problem.

>Sorry for the last mail, I answered to your personal mail only)

Here, we use Reply-to-all.