Re: Problem with tg3 in 2.6.23.12

From: Charles Johnston
Date: Sun Jan 20 2008 - 15:42:02 EST

Stephan von Krawczynski wrote:
On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 15:04:07 +0100
Stephan von Krawczynski <skraw@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello all,

we recently tried to stress several netblk configurations and got this kernel
log (amongst others). If additional information is required feel free to ask. We can try patches as well the config is not in production yet.

Does anybody have an idea what my original posting is all about?

I might have some idea. From your lspci, it looks like a board I had some issues with about one year ago. It was a Tyan server board that I had put a 3ware card into a pci-X 133MHz slot. Well, for some reason, the Broadcom chip would have trouble, bad data, kernel problems like yours. I called Tyan and they had me short a jumper that forced the slot to 100MHz (the bus is shared between that slot and the Broadcom chip) and that fixed it for me.

I hope that might be some help to you.

Good luck,
Charles